WHAT TO DO:
1. To order your new waterservice, please call Utility Services at (562) 570-7027.
2. For all customers, see LBWD Rules & Regulations (Pages 26-28) for Cross-Connection & Backflow Prevention requirements
· If a backflow prevention device is required, submit a design drawing to LBWD’s Engineering Development Service Counter for review and approval. Please contact Ms. Rachel Davis at (562) 570-2393 to schedule an over-the-counter appointment
3. For services combined with a residential fire sprinkler system, submit a copy of your sprinkler plans approved by Long Beach Fire Department (LBFD)
· LBFD address: 3205 Lakewood Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90808, Phone (562) 570-2568
1. Pay your applicable fee(s) over the phone at (562) 570-7027 or through Utility Service counter at City Hall. For applicable fees, see LBWD Rules & Regulations (Appendix A on Pages 77-78). The installation fixed fee is based on the size of the meter being requested.
· Utility Service Counter: 333 W. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90802, Main Lobby
LEAD TIME & OTHER INFORMATION:
1. The typical processing and installation time for your service is approximately 4-5 weeks
2. Mark the desired location of the meter and contact LBWD’s Operations Service Center at (562) 570-2390 or (562) 570-2389 to schedule the work
3. As applicable, your new water meter will be locked and kept off after installation until a backflow prevention device inspection and certification by LBWD’s Meter Shop is completed. Please schedule inspection by calling LBWD’s Operations Service Center at (562) 570-2389 or 570-2390. Please allow at least 5 days for scheduling.
For any questions related to this domestic service installation request, please contact us at:
Call: (562) 570-2419