WHAT TO SUBMIT:
1. A copy of your fire sprinkler plans approved by Long Beach Fire Department (LBFD)
2. For schools, colleges, and universities, please submit a copy of the fire sprinkler plans approved by the State Fire Marshal
3. Installation design drawing that includes the proposed point of connection to the City's existing potable water system and proposed type of backflow prevention device to be reviewed and approved by the Long Beach Water Department. Please click here for a Sample Drawing
4. Material submittal package for review and approval based on this Material Submittal Checklist
5. Completed Application Form
6. Excavation permit issued by the Long Beach Public Works Department (LBPW). Approved copy of Item 3 above is required for the excavation permit application. Please contact LBPW for permit application requirements (e.g. contractor license, liability insurance, city business license number, fee, etc.)
7. Easement dedication to LBWD for the proposed location of the backflow prevention device. Easement dedication process will be handled by LBPW.
1. Prepare an initial check for $10,000 payable to Long Beach Water Department to cover charges for plan checking, inspection, administrative work, and other field work by LBWD Operations crews as needed. Final total charges will be based on actual cost incurred. Unused amount will be refunded or additional charges will be billed to you.
LEAD TIME & OTHER INFORMATION
1. Allow 3-4 weeks for review of the first plan check, and 1 to 2 weeks for subsequent plan check reviews
2. A preconstruction meeting between your contractor and LBWD will be scheduled
3. Once all required documents are submitted and approved, a Notice to Proceed lettter will be issued to your contractor for construction
4. Your contractor shall provide a mimimun of 48-hour notice prior to start of work for instpection. Contact LBWD Inspection at (562) 570-2322 or (562) 570-2321
5. Once installation of the fire service is completed, backflow prevention device certification and turn on will be scheduled with LBWD Meter Shop. Allow 1 - 2 weeks from the request date.
For any questions related to this fire service installation request, please contact us at:
Call: (562) 570-2419