The Interruptible Reclaimed Water Service program may not be offered every year.
Eligibility does not carry over to subsequent fiscal years. Customers must reapply each year, if the program is available.
All Long Beach Water Department (LBWD) regular reclaimed water customers are eligible to apply for the Interruptible Reclaimed Water Service program, unless customers are on non-peak or other special reclaimed water rates.
Criteria used for eligibility are annually subject to change.
CUSTOMER AGREES TO:
- Submit one application for each reclaimed water meter the customer is offering for consideration of the Interruptible Service rate.
- Acknowledge that the completion of the application shall constitute acceptance of the Terms and Performance Guidelines.
- Upon notification, at the sole discretion of the LBWD and subject to inspection and verification, voluntarily cease any and all flows from the meter until notification from LBWD that service can resume at that meter.
- Provide up to three contact email addresses as the sole communication points for the interruption notices. Customer may also provide cell phone numbers for each contact person. Phone numbers must accept text messages. Text messages may be sent by LBWD staff, notifying the customer that an email message has been sent.
Nothing in the provision of Interruptible Reclaimed Water service exempts a meter owner from complying with all other policies, rules, codes and guidelines established by the LBWD and City.
RELEASE AND WAIVER
I for myself, successors, heirs, assigns, executors, administrators, spouse and next of kin:
- Acknowledge that I fully understand that my participation in the Interruptible Reclaimed Water Service Program may involve risk of injury, including economic losses;
- Covenant not to sue, or present any claim for personal injury or property damage against the City of Long Beach, its Boards, Commissions, and their officials, employees and agents, for damages attributable to my participation in the Interruptible Reclaimed Water Service Program;
- Except to the extent attributable to the sole negligence or willful misconduct of the City and to the fullest extent permitted by law, release, waive, discharge and relinquish the City of Long Beach, its Boards, Commissions, and their officials, employees and agents, from and against any and all liability, claims, demands, damage, loss, obligations, causes of action, proceedings, awards, fines, judgments, penalties, costs and expenses (including without limitation: attorneys’ fees, court costs, expert and witness fees, and other costs and fees of litigation; collectively “Claims” or individually “Claim”) of every kind and nature whatsoever arising or alleged to have arisen, in whole or part, out of or in connection with participation in the Interruptible Reclaimed Water Service Program.
LONG BEACH WATER DEPARTMENT AGREES TO:
- Contact the meter owner and provide no less than 12 hours Notice-to-Interrupt reclaimed water service to the designated meter.
- Limit said interruption of service per meter to no more than:
- Seven consecutive calendar days, commencing with the date and time the interruption begins.
- Two Notices-of-Interruption within a 28 calendar-day period for the designated meter.
- 10 interruptions during the Program period.
- Determine water meter reads at the time of Interruption and prior to resumption of service to confirm compliance with the Notice-to-Interrupt.