[print_posts post=”” pdf=”yes” word=”yes” print=”yes”]
Sewer Service Request
NOTE: Sewer Permit processing is handled by Long Beach Public Works Department (LBPW), Engineering Service Counter located 333 W. Ocean Boulevard, 10th Floor, Long Beach, CA 90802, (562) 570-6784
WHAT TO SUBMIT
- Completed Sewer Permit Application Form
- Certificate of Insurancefrom your contractor. Your contractor must have a Class A, Class C-34, or Class C-42 license.
- For service connections larger than 6-inch, a design drawing approved by Long Beach Water Department (LBWD) is required to be submitted with the application.
- Please submit a drawing for review and approval to LBWD at 1800 E. Wardlow Rd., Long Beach, CA 90807 (562) 570-2419.
- Allow 2-3 weeks for design drawing review and approval.
Full payment to be paid to LBPW. For applicable fees, please contact the LBPW Engineering Service Counter at (562) 570-6784.
LEAD TIME & OTHER INFORMATION:
Please allow approximately 3-4 weeks for the processing and approval of your sewer permit. This typical processing time includes the 7-10 working day approval period for the Certificate of Insurance.
Note that before the sewer permit can be issued for new service connections, sewer capacity fees must be paid for through Long Beach Development Services at (562) 570-6651 and Los Angeles County Sanitation District at (562) 699-4288 ext. 2727. A proof of payment is required.
For connection to an existing sewer service, you are required to do the following:
- Confirm the structural integrity of the existing sewer lateral
- Confirm the existing sewer lateral is sufficiently sized to handle the proposed discharge
A copy of your permit will be sent to the Long Beach Water Department (LBWD).
LBWD Inspection will contact you to schedule the sewer service line installation and/or repair work.
A LBWD inspector will be present during the entire construction process and will sign-off on the permit once the work is completed in accordance with LBWD standards.
For any questions related to sewer permit application process, please contact LBPW Engineering Service Counter at (562) 570-6784.