WHAT TO DO:
- To order your new water service, please call Utility Services at (562)570-5991.
- For all customers, see LBWD Rules & Regulations (Pages 26-28) for Cross-Connection & Backflow Prevention requirements and refer to LBWD’s Backflow Plan Check Information Form.
– If a backflow prevention device is required, submit a design drawing to LBWD’s Engineering Development Service Counter for review and approval. Our regular hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please contact us at (562) 570-2419 with any questions and to confirm availability of a backflow plan checker.
- For services combined with a residential fire sprinkler system, submit a copy of your sprinkler plans approved by Long Beach Fire Department (LBFD).
LBFD address: 3205 Lakewood Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90808
Phone: (562) 570-2568
- Pay your applicable fee(s) over the phone at (562) 570-5991 or pay in person at City Hall. For applicable fees, see LBWD Rules & Regulations (Appendix A on Pages 77-78). The installation fixed fee is based on the size of the meter being requested.
City Hall: 411 W. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach, CA 90802, Main Lobby
LEAD TIME & OTHER INFORMATION:
- The typical processing and installation time for your service is approximately 4-5 weeks.
- Mark the desired location of the meter and contact LBWD’s Operations Service Center at (562) 570-2390 or (562) 570-2389 to schedule the work.
- As applicable, your new water meter will be locked and kept off after installation until a backflow prevention device inspection and certification by LBWD’s Meter Shop is completed. Please schedule inspection by calling LBWD’s Operations Service Center at (562) 570-2390 or (562) 570-2389. Please allow at least 5 days for scheduling.
For any questions related to this domestic service installation request, please contact us at:
Call: (562) 570-2419