WHAT TO SUBMIT:
- Complete Application form through LBWD’s online portal, Laserfiche, at the following link
POTABLE WATER SERVICE REQUEST FORM
- A copy of your plumbing plans approved by Long Beach Development Services (LBDS) – Building and Safety
LBDS address: 411 W. Ocean Blvd, 2nd Floor, Long Beach CA 90802
Phone: (562) 570-6651
- Note that your approved plans must show a backflow prevention device approved by LBWD’s Engineering Development Service Counter. Please call (562) 570-2419 for the over-the-counter approval process.
- For schools, colleges, and universities, submit a copy of your fire sprinkler plans approved by the Division of State Architect.
- For applicable fees, see LBWD Rules & Regulations (Appendix A on Pages 77-78). The installation fixed fee is based on the size of the meter being requested. Prepare a check for the required amount made payable to Long Beach Water Department.
LEAD TIME & OTHER INFORMATION:
- The typical processing and installation time for your service is approximately 8-10 weeks.
- LBWD will prepare a design drawing for the proposed service installation based on the approved plumbing plans. Prior to design drawing approval, you will be required to sign off on the drawing for the shown location of the meter.
- Your new water meter will be locked and kept off after installation until after a backflow prevention device inspection by LBWD’s Meter Shop is completed. Please schedule the inspection by calling LBWD’s Operations Service Center at (562) 570-2389 or (562) 570-2390. Please allow at least 5 days for scheduling.
For any questions related to this domestic service installation request, please contact us at: