WHAT TO SUBMIT:
- Complete Application form through LBWD’s online portal, Laserfiche, at the following link
RECYCLED WATER SERVICE REQUEST FORM
- A copy of your plumbing plans, approved by Long Beach Development Services (LBDS) – Building and Safety, which clearly identifies domestic water line(s), backflow prevention device(s), new and/or retrofit reclaimed water line(s), and your desired location of the new reclaimed water service and size.
LBDS address: 333 W. Ocean Blvd., 4th Floor, Long Beach, CA 90802
Phone: (562) 570-6651
- For schools, colleges, and universities, submit a copy of your approved irrigation plan by the Division of State Architect. The same as the drawing requirement from item 1 above, the plans shall clearly identify domestic water line(s), backflow prevention device(s), new and/or retrofit reclaimed water line(s), and your proposed size and location of the new reclaimed water service.
- For recycled water use other than irrigation, an Engineering Report is required.
- For more information about the Engineering Report , see Sample Engineering Report and Preparation Guidelines.
- Note: The California Regional Water Quality Control Board must approve the report prior to service turn-on. Processing and approval period requires a minimum of one (1) month.
- For applicable fees, see LBWD Rules & Regulations (Appendix A on Pages 77-78). The installation fixed fee is based on the size of the meter being requested. Prepare a check for the required amount made payable to Long Beach Water Department.
LEAD TIME & OTHER INFORMATION:
- The typical processing and installation time for your service is approximately 8-10 weeks.
- LBWD will prepare a design drawing for the proposed service installation based on the approved irrigation plans. Prior to design drawing approval you will be required to sign off on the drawing for the shown location of the meter.
- Your meter will be locked and left off after installation until after a cross-connection or shutdown test is properly conducted and passed with the assistance of LBWD and Long Beach Health Department. The cross-connection test will not be scheduled or performed until after the on-site plumbing fixtures and on-site irrigation system are fully installed and operational. In addition, a plan approval by Long Beach Health Department is required. Please call (562) 570-4306 for the plan check and approval process.
- Please schedule the Cross-Connection Test by calling the LBWD Backflow Prevention Specialist at (562) 570-2419. Please allow at least seven (7) days for setting up a schedule.
For any questions related to this recycled water service installation request, please contact us at:
Call: (562) 570-2419