Water Use Rules
- Water landscape on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only
- Water landscape 10 minutes per station per watering day, or to the point of runoff, whichever occurs first
- Water landscape only before 9 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- No watering landscape during or 48 hours after rainfall
- No watering landscape or using water that results in runoff that flows onto neighboring properties, sidewalks walks, roadways, parking lots or structures
- No washing hardscape (driveways, sidewalks, parking areas, patios, other outdoor impermeable surface areas) with a hose, unless using a pressurized cleaning device. A simple spray nozzle does not qualify as a water-conserving pressurized cleaning device. Click here for information on qualifying pressure washers.
- No wasting of water due to plumbing or pipeline breaks, leaks or other malfunctions
- Wash a vehicle with a hose that has a water shut-off nozzle or device attached to the hose that prevents water from running continuously while washing
- Cover pools and spas when not in use. Click here for pool and spa best management practices.
- No operating a fountain or other water feature that does not re-circulate the water
Additional Commercial Restrictions
- Irrigation of non-functional turf (grass) in commercial, industrial and institutional settings is prohibited, read more on the state restriction here
- Restaurants cannot serve water to customers without the customer requesting it
- Restaurants and all other commercial, industrial, institutional food preparation sites cannot use pre-rinse spray nozzles having flow-rates greater than 1.5 gallons of water per minute
- Kitchens or objects such as kitchen non-skid mats cannot be washed with a hose unless using a water-conserving pressurized cleaning device. Click here for information on qualifying pressure washers.
- Hotels and motels must post signs to notify patrons they can choose not to have linens and towels washed daily
- A commercial laundry system installed after Nov. 3, 2006, must use devices that re-circulates wash and/or rinse water
- A conveyor type car wash system must re-circulate the wash and/or rinse water
- A single-pass cooling system cannot be installed in a building requesting a water connection after Nov. 3, 2006